Notice is hereby given that the Macedon Ranges Basketball Association is convening an Annual General Meeting at 7:30pm on Tuesday, 11 August 2020 via video online (Zoom) conference.
The AGM will include the presentations of the President’s report and the financial statements for the 2019/2020 financial year, as well as the election of the executive committee and general committee members.
Please confirm attendance with the Secretary (email@example.com) by 5pm, Tuesday 4 August 2020 so that we can provide members with the link for the meeting.
We encourage members to get involved in the running of the MRBA. If the duties and responsibilities of a committee role do not appeal to you, we encourage you to consider joining one of the subcommittees. Subcommittees cover specific areas of MRBA operations such as domestic or representative basketball - please let us know if you would like more information about what this would involve.
The MRBA’s Constitution and By Laws require all members to be included in the members’ register.
Date of notice: 21 July 2020
- The MRBA is required to give members 14 days’ notice of an AGM
- You will not be able to vote at the AGM or be eligible to be a committee or subcommittee member unless you have been included in the members’ register at least 5 business days prior to the AGM
- If you are uncertain as to whether you have applied for association membership, please contact the Secretary to confirm
- If you are unable to attend the meeting, another member may vote on your behalf by proxy. A proxy form will be provided on request
COVID-19: Basketball Cancelled 13 March Until Further Notice
ATTN MRBA Families: All basketball everywhere is cancelled from this afternoon (Friday 13 Mar) and until further notice on Basketball Victoria's advice as a COVID-19 public health precautionary measure. This includes:
- SBA matches
- Aussie Hoops
- U10/U12 local comp training
- U16/U18 Country Champs
- Country Champs training
- All Abiliites
Code of Conduct Breaches: Zero Tolerance Policy
Following consultations with Basketball Victoria, the MRBA advises that it has adopted a zero-tolerance policy on Code of Conduct (By-Laws Sec 1) and Member Protection (By-Laws Sec 2) breaches.
It is important that the entire MRBA community understand that these breaches may occur on or off the court, and applies to players, parents, spectators, coaches, game and competition officials, and committee.
Under this zero-tolerance policy, reports of breaches will trigger two procedures:
- A decision to initiate Basketball Victoria Tribunal proceedings will be made within 14 days of the receipt of the report by the Association Secretary. This may result in up to 10-years, and in some cases a lifetime ban, from all facilities in the state of Victoria (http://basketballvictoria.com.au/tribunal-report/).
- Where the individual acting in breach has applied and been approved for MRBA membership, an administrative process under Formal Procedures (Rule 6.3) will be initiated, which may result in suspension of membership rights.
Summer 2019/20 Woodend Hawks
The Woodend Hawks team rosters are now available on the Woodend Hawks webpage!
2020 Macedon Ranges Rep Program
Please find updates on representative team selection on our Rep webpage: latest update on 27 Oct 2019
Basketball Victoria Opportunities and Pathways
Please note our new Basketball Victoria webpage to help you find BV opportunities and events, and to find information to help MRBA families understand player and coach development pathways.
Under 10s Comp in the Macedon Ranges!
Woodend & Kyneton will again run a joint u10s comp for U10s on Wednesday afternoons between 5 and 7 PM at the Kyneton Aquatic Centre. Training will be run Friday afternoons at Buffalo stadium. This time the comp will run for 11 rounds through terms 2 and 3, starting 8 May, plus Finals ending in September.
Registrations are open now. Beginners Welcome!
For more information, please contact Melinda on 0459 665 460 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The full-size flyer is available HERE. Get those size 3 boots laced up and we'll see you at centre court!
Under 12s Comp in the Macedon Ranges!
Woodend & Kyneton will be expanding their joint competitions to include an U12s competition for the Winter 2019 Season, running Monday afternoons at the Kyneton Aquatic Centre. Training will be run Friday afternoons at Buffalo stadium. The comp will run for 11 rounds through terms 2 and 3, starting 6 May, plus Finals ending in September.
Registrations are open now. Beginners Welcome!
For more information, please contact Melinda on 0459 665 460 or email@example.com. The full-size flyer is available HERE.
Winter 2019 Open Mens
The Summer 2019/20 Open Men's Competition is again running jointly with the Kyneton Basketball Association. We run at both Kyneton Sports and Aquatic Centre and Buffalo stadium, on Wednesday evenings.
Individual registrations are open NOW; please contact John Gehman (0407 536 585, firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions and to enter teams.
Registrations are open now. New Players Welcome!
Season start 23 Oct.